- Lassan E
The author of the article assumes that the opposition «a road — a way» is equally significant for the Russian culture as the opposition «a home — a road». The author provides the semantic analysis of the names «a road» and «a way» and demonstrates that the senses bound with these sign structures are nonidentical. Despite some social modifications the idea of infinite motion, which is implied by the concept «a road», is immanent to the Russian culture. The concept «a way» implies the availability of the aim — a limit, clear landmarks. Hence one more possible opposition of the culture «travelling — wondering» arises. The Russian culture, according to the author, belongs to «the culture of wondering», the basic concept for which is the concept of «a road» not of «a way».
How to link insert
Lassan, E. . (2008). PHILOLOGICAL CONCEPTUALISM AND DISCURSOLOGY Bulletin of the Moscow City Pedagogical University. Series "Pedagogy and Psychology", # 3, 2008,
1. Berdyaev N. Collected Works, Vol. V: Alexei Stepanovich Khomyakov. The Worldview of Dostoevsky. Konstantin Leontiev. - Paris, 1997.
2. Bogdanov K. On crocodiles in Russia. - М., 2006.
3. Boym S. Common Places. Mythology of everyday life. - М...2002.
4. Lassan E. Once again about meaning, concept and conceptosphere.Russian word in world culture. Russia in the World Space.Russian Word in the World Culture. Russia in the World Space.SPb... 2003.
5. Lassan E. On the vertical component of the Russian worldview in loci and concepts. The World of the Russian Word and the Russian Word in the World: Language, Consciousness, Personality. Т. 4. - Sofia, 2007.
6. Lotman Y. M. The problem of artistic space in Gogol's prose // Lotman Y. M. M. In the school of the poetic word: Pushkin. Lermontov. Gogol. - М., 1988.
7. Lorenz K. Aggression (the so-called Evil) // Voprosy philosophii. - 1992. - № 3. - С. 5-38.
8. Olkhovikova Y. The concept "wind" as a means of metaphorical modeling of political reality in print media of Germany and the USA // Proceedings of the Urals State Pedagogical University - 2007. - № 50. Problems of Education, Science and Culture. Vyp. 21. Philology.
9. Toporov V. II. Space and text. - М., 1983.
10. Khrenov, N. A. Culture in the Age of Social Explosion. - М., 2002.
11. Cherepanova O. A. The way and the road of the Russian mentality and in ancient texts. Master and folk art tradition of the Russian North // Reports of the sixth scientific conference "Ryabinin readings 99": Collection of scientific reports, - Petrozavodsk, 2000. - Access mode: http://kizhi.karelia.ru/specialist/pub/library/rjabinin1999/01_35.htm.
12. Shchepanskaya T. B. Culture of the road in Russian mythoritual tradition of the XIX-XX cn. - М, 2003.