- Sitnikova E.V.
The expression of a condition in the sentence finds out a number of universal features characterizing Russian and English languages: the semantic predicate is expressed in the predicates having an accessory of different parts of speech, therefore the expression of a condition is not adhered only to a nominal predicate; the quantity of components of the block diagram of the sentence doesn’t always correspond to quantity of elements of semantic structure. The semantic variability of this group is presented by the sentences describing 1) the attitudes of the carrier or object of a condition and a static predicate, 2) condition-attitude of two carriers. Universality of used models speaks that verbs (meaning-bearing and copular in a combination to an adjective, a participle), being reprezentants of a semantic predicate of a condition, assume the certain quantity of nominal components depending on semantics — nouns (or pronouns).
How to link insert
Sitnikova, E. . (2008). SPECIFICS OF SITUATIONAL STATUS EXPRESSION IN THE RUSSIAN AND ENGLISH LANGUAGES Bulletin of the Moscow City Pedagogical University. Series "Pedagogy and Psychology", # 3, 2008,
1. Knyazev Y.P. "Passive action" and "passive state" (object resultative) in Russian and other Slavic languages // Structure and meaning of sentences. - М., 1982. - С. 79-91.
2. Nedyalkov V.P., Yakhontov S.E. Typology of productive constructions / / Typology of productive constructions (productive, stative, passive, perfect). - Л., 1983. - С. 5-41.
3. Plungian V.A. To the definition of the resultative (Is the relationship between the resultative and ultimate universal?) // Voprosy Linguist. - 1989. -№ 6. - С. 55-63.
4. Holodovich A. A. Problems of Grammatical Theory. -L.: Nauka, 1979.
5. Lingvo: Electronic resource: ABBYY Lingvo 10. Multilingual electronic dictionary (Lingvo) [Electronic resource]. - Electron.data. - Moscow: ABBYY Software, 2004. - Electronic disk (CD-ROM).
6. Multilex: Electron. Electronic resource: Multilex 2.0. English-Russian Electronic Dictionary (Multilex) [Electronic resource]. - Electronic resource. -Moscow: MediaLingua JSC. 1997. - Electron. disk (CD-ROM).